Wednesday, March 3, 2010

BAD[LOGO]

The Fiscal Times, a new online newspaper focusing on... you guessed it... fiscal and economic issues, officially launched today.  I'll withhold my judgment until I get a chance to check out their reporting, but I have two initial observations.

Firstly, the obvious: what about monetary policy?  Maybe it simply won't be covered, but that seems risky for an economics publication.  The website has an opinion section, but I don't think I'll put much stock in an argument about monetary policy coming from The Fiscal Times.  At least not without a snide chuckle first.

Secondly, their logo is TERRIBLE.  It's difficult to describe, but that's only because it's difficult to look at.  Check it out for yourself.  It's no Altria, that's for sure.  Sometimes no logo is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment